Daddy Must Be Gone

Y'all might want to check on me tomorrow and make sure that I'm still surviving. I've mentioned before how something always seems to go wrong when hubby travels. Rick left today for a short business trip, and here is what has gone wrong thus far:

  • Jack has regressed in potty training, so much so that I'd rather put him back in diapers and call it a day. But I won't, because I'm more stubborn than he is.
  • While cleaning the carpet from one of Jack's accidents, Winston, the Boston Terrier, decided to pull an SOS scrub pad out of the kitchen cabinet that I failed to close while using the carpet cleaner. I guess Winston thought it looked like a great morning snack, only his stomach didn't quite agree.
  • I have a headache.
  • I found urine in the bathroom trash can a few minutes ago. I can assure you that I did not put it there! I can also assure you that Jack did not put it there, because he can't seem to make it to the bathroom today. Plus, he's still in the early phase of potty training which requires my following him in there with a watchful eye. And Garrett doesn't have a clue how to pee anywhere but in his diaper. That leaves one little boy that will receive a good talkin'-to when he gets up from his nap.
  • Garrett is refusing to nap today, which will make for a lovely evening, I'm sure.
  • Did I mention that I have a headache? And I'm out of Diet Coke and Advil.

I hope to be alive and well tomorrow, but if you don't hear from me, then you'll know that this momma bird has flown the coup in search of Advil, Diet Coke, and a vacation!

1 comment:

Amberly said...

I'm laughing out loud! Sounds like a fun day! ;-) I hope they will all go to bed easily so you can have a few quiet moments to yourself tonight! And I love the picture of the boys in your sidebar! Hang in there!