Hey, Hey, Hey, Good Bye

Did you feel the earth rumbling yesterday morning? No? Good, because if you did, it was not Garrett throwing a fit over his first bowl of big boy cereal. He only whimpered when I reminded him that baby cereal was all gone. Only a whimper.

When I brought the bowl to him, I also brought his marble jar. He received a marble for each bite that he ate with a happy heart. He finished the entire bowl without a tear or a grumble.

I'm so pleased! And he is very proud of himself.

When I went to get him up from his nap this afternoon, he was singing this: "Na na na na, Na na na na, hey hey hey, good bye."

And totally off topic, but does anyone know where to find contact paper these days? I've looked at Target, Wal Mart, and Staples. I need some for covering some small squares that the teacher store won't laminate due to their size. Suggestions, anyone?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the marble jar idea. Some changes come with time. You are a good mother to have let him run the course and then gently guide him to the next level. Big thoughts for breakfast cereal. lol.

It's been a long time since I bought contact paper but a quick google check lead to hardware stores. Now that I am remembering I think I did buy it at Lowes or Home Depot in the past but I would call first. :)

Anonymous said...

I've always found it at Target . . . it's in the kitchen area . . . where all the kitchen organizing stuff is.

I've also bought it at Home Depot.

And yeah on breakfast! Sometimes our little ones surprise us :-)

Ami said...

Great ideas, Nina and Jodie! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Garrett! I love the marble idea. It's big and easily seen!

You should be able to find contact paper in WalMart....maybe in the kitchen section?