Summer Tiiiiime

I woke up this morning with a headache and a "crick" in my neck.

Now, go back and read that sentence with the best Southern drawl you can muster.

I love that word...crick! One doesn't even need a true Southern drawl to have fun with that word, but that added accent is a bonus.

Because of that crick and headache, I was in what Rick would call a "foul mood". Liam would call it "fussy", except he somehow knows better than to say that to my face.

Yes, I was in a bad mood. It was bad enough that I needed a Diet Coke. Those that know me well would say, "Sheesh, it must have been really bad!"

I stopped drinking soft drinks on a regular basis about a year ago, so my morning beverage is typically just a cup of hot tea. I'd much rather have a Diet Coke or, better yet, Dr Pepper! But I drink tea as a healthier choice.

Anyway, tea just wasn't gonna cut it today. After the boys ate breakfast, I said, "Everybody get in the car. We're goin' to Sonic." All kinds of hoopin' an' hollerin' ensued. And my headache doubled in that instant.

Thankfully, Sonic and my headache cure were only about 5 minutes away. One sip and I knew I'd be okay.

And I won Mother of the Year Award for getting each boy an apple juice slush. MOTYA for $4.33?! Who knew?!

As we drove home slurpin' the goods, Liam asked, "Mommy, are we having school today?" And I heard a slight sound of dread in that question.

And in that instant, I decided that it's summer break. I don't want him to dread school.

"No, I think we all need a break, so it's summer break fur us starting right now."

It's a good thing the Diet Coke had already begun its work on my headache, because the yelling that followed that announcement was deafening.

By george, I think I hit the nail on the head. We all need a break. So, we are officially on summer break.

Woohoo!!!

Oh my goodness, I almost forgot to tell you! Liam's all-star team won last night, so he's playing in the semi-finals tonight. He was an AMAZING player last night, so we're excited to see what happens tonight.

No comments: