Photographic Proof of Rain...in Texas...in August!

I don't know about you, but I can't seem to catch up with life in general these days. This post should have been written two weeks ago, but I'm just now getting to it. Please forgive me for my tardiness.

In our part of the world, rain is unheard of this time of year. Almost two weeks ago, I thought I was dreaming when I heard thunder rolling as I opened my eyes for the day. In fact, I doubted my ears enough that I set out on my morning run. But I only made it two blocks down the road before I heard more thunder and saw lightning.

My mama always told me to stay inside during thunderstorms, so I raced home and turned on the weather.

Within an hour, the rain began falling, and I have never been so happy to see rain in all my life. I raced to the boys' bedrooms to get them up for some rain puddle play.

"BOYS! Get up! It's raining. Let's go play in the rain." (The thunder and lightning had passed by this time. I did listen to my mama...most of the time.)

But my boys weren't interested in my reindeer games. They insisted on breakfast first. And they weren't talking about cold cereal. They wanted eggs and bacon. The nerve!

I obliged, and by the time all was said and done, the rain had slowed to a drizzle. With full bellies, we headed outside to play in the puddles.

What my boys enjoy doing is putting leaves in the street and chasing them down the curb to the sewer. They pretend the leaves are boats and the sewer is a waterfall.

"Wee," says Garrett.
And no rain storm is complete without a boat race between the three brothers.
I'm thinking Liam might jump in the next time. I'll have to watch him like a hawk.

By mid-day, the rain passed and the sun came out. But by evening, it rained again and left us with this beautiful rainbow.
Fast forward to today, and it's hot and dry, as August should be in Texas. What I would give to wake up to another rain shower tomorrow morning!

Please join me for tomorrow's Friday Funny. Mr. Linky will be up and running for you to share your funny with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the rain! It FINALLY rained here over the weekend - we're over 7 inches short for the year so far. It was FABULOUS . . . and it's supposed to rain this afternoon, and tomorrow and Saturday for sure - I. Can. WAIT! My kiddos love playing in the rain as well . . . oh how I can't wait!