Ads at Work

We were watching a baseball game on tv the other night, when a Dairy Queen commercial caught Garrett's attention. He perked up and asked if we could go there for a hamburger.

I actually can't name a DQ in our area...the shock! But I happen to have hamburger ingredients in the house, so we told him we could have burgers this week.

Garrett woke up this morning and asked, "Can we have burgers THIS DAY?!" Sure, why not.

From 7am until noon, he asked the same question five times. I think he's a little excited about eating a burger.

At 1:30 this afternoon, he looked at me and said, "I'm ready to go to bed." My mouth dropped. This child NEVER asks for bed, nor does he ever admit to fatigue.

Because I was speechless, he asked for bed again. And he added, "We're going to have hamburgers after THIS nap. I'm ready for my nap." Aha!

I never thought I'd say this, because I don't really like burgers, but DQ, I LOVE YOU! I must meet their advertisers and kiss them.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

LOVE it! Let's see. . what can I offer my kids after nap time?

Brandi