The 4th in a Nutshell

I don't know about you, but I need a long weekend to recover from my long weekend! I'm worn out from all the late nights. Because fireworks don't begin until 9:30, two hours after I turn into a pumpkin, the 4th of July really puts a kink into my beauty rest. And what's the 4th of July without fireworks on the 5th of July, too?

Instead of giving you a blow by blow of our long weekend, I'll sum it up by saying we spent some fun times with Rick's family on the 4th and 5th. Fun times included fried fish, homemade vanilla ice cream, swimming, fireworks, a baseball game and more fireworks.

If fattening food, fireworks and baseball aren't American, I don't know what is.

The cousins adore one another.

The 5 of us. We adore one another, too. Most days anyway.

I can't share a picture of the entire extended family. Our sister-in-law is due any day now to give birth to baby #2, and I don't think she'd appreciate my broadcasting her belly on the world wide web. Although, she looks so great that most of you fertile mamas out there would be jealous of her physique.

Anyway, that's our 4th in a nutshell. Hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend too.

Now, I'm off to catch up on some beauty sleep.

2 comments:

Emy said...

You have a beautiful family.

Love the boys' crocs, Ben has the same ones. :)

Anonymous said...

lol yea get that beauty sleep, i get tired just looking at my aunts 6 kids they run all over the place and their all boys i dont know how she does it