This Just In

I just read this headline on yahoo.com..."DNA Shows Birkhead Father of Smith's Baby".

If you live as an ostrich with your head buried in the sand, then you might not know that Larry Birkhead (Ann Nicole Smith's former boyfriend) and Howard K. Stern (Anna's attorney and most current boyfriend/live-in) have been battling in court over this precious child's DNA.

I am not normally one to follow the news on Hollywood stars, but this story has bothered me since the moment I heard of Anna's death. Now that the official DNA results are in, I have a few comments on the topic.

  • I'm so glad that this innocent baby will go through life with the factual knowledge of who her biological father is. She deserves nothing less.
  • I'm glad that the father is Birkhead. He seems to have more class than Stern. Upon hearing today's DNA results from the judge, Birkhead actually hugged Stern. I'm not certain that I would be so kind after Stern has drug his feet for so many months.
  • In the article, Stern supposedly said that Birkhead can come to his Bahamas home for a "visit." Excuse me?! A visit?! "I think I'll be coming to pick her up tomorrow, being that I'm her father and all!"
  • Perhaps there are some judicial procedures that I haven't yet realized, but how is it that Stern can invite the father for a visit? Doesn't he need to say something more like, "Could you please give me a couple of days to love on her, and then I'll happily hand her over to you."
  • My heart goes out to this sweet baby. She has a hard life to live, being that her mother died of a drug overdose, being that it was unclear who her actual father is without the help of science, being that she may forever be in the limelight because of her mother's past.

I'm not sure why this story burdens me so. But I do feel better now that I've gotten those ideas in print. Thanks for being my sounding board! You're welcome to chime in with your ideas in my comment section.

My first post of the day was light-hearted, so if you're feeling depressed after this, please see below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why it took so long to figure out who the dad is. It's not that tough anymore. This poor little girl - I feel for her. Nothing in her life will ever be normal. I just hope that Dad tries to be dad rather than keeping her in the limelight. There's no reason for her to be in the media constantly - sure, Anna Nicole was her mother, but that's not her fault! When it comes to kids, it's difficult not to feel for them, especially when they have no clue what's going on and no ability to voice their opinion.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same, the whole thing is just sad sad sad.

Everyone in the world got to know her mom except her. She doesn't even get her big brother to help her out.

sad sad sad. She is going to be a very cute girl with a very confusing life.

Jamie