Restless Night

I am definitely addicted to this whole blog thing. After I brought Garrett to my bed at 1:30 this morning, I couldn't go to sleep, so my mind began wandering. Lo and behold, my mind settled onto my blog.

I should keep a notepad next to my bed for those late-night (or early-morning) mind wanderings so that I can bring those great ideas back to my conscious thinking during the daylight hours. I had some great ideas around 2:30 am, but they're gone at 2:30 pm.

Garrett had a high fever all day yesterday, and he didn't rest well last night. By 1:30 am, I decided to bring him to my bed so that I could at least rest my head on my pillow. I knew I wouldn't sleep with him in my bed. I never actually sleep with any of my kids in my bed, and that's why we don't co sleep around here. Mommy needs her beauty sleep, y'all. Without it, she is an absolute bear to live with.

Why is it that my boys can be so restless in their own beds when they're sick, but they can fall asleep instantly in my bed?! And then I lie awake the rest of the night.

Garrett is my smallest boy at 24 pounds, yet he felt like a small pony nestling into my side. And his high fever made me sweat, poor guy. He seems to be on the mend today, but it may take me a week to catch up on my sleep. But it's not about me.

1 comment:

Rocks In My Dryer said...

Two times I have actually DREAMED a post...as in, dreamed the whole thing, and it was awesome, and I couldn't remember a bit of it when I woke up. Frustrating.

Hope your little guy is well.