The Weight of the World

I thought about not posting today, but then I looked at my to-do list and decided that blogging looks much more inviting.

What should we discuss today?

How about how Shannon and Sophie's trip to Uganda has brought me to tears more times than I can count. There are times when I feel overwhelmed with the weight of the world, and this is certainly one of those times. It's not enough that I've adopted three children. It's not enough that we sponsor one little girl in Haiti and now a boy in Uganda. It's hardly a dent in the world's poverty. Why do I feel such a heavy burden for black orphans, yet feel so powerless?

I was going to try to take this post to a more humorous topic, but I just don't have it in me today. It just doesn't seem appropriate. My heart is heavy.

1 comment:

Christie@tisbutaseason said...

I couldn't agree more! Everytime I read one of the bloggers who have travelled to Uganda, I read it aloud to my husband. All too often it is more than I can emotionally handle. Those precious little faces cry out to me - the light in their eyes and the unwavering faith in their hearts is nothing short of amazing.

May God continue to bless your family and give you peace as you reconcile the 'weight of the world'.