What God Wants for Christmas

We received this interactive nativity set as an early gift this year. For seven days, we sit down as a family to a short excerpt from the story of Jesus' birth, and the boys are able to open a small gift box each day which contains one character from the nativity scene.

For example, day 1 explains that God sent Gabriel to Nazareth. The children open a box containing Gabriel and place him within the nativity scene. Day 2 is Mary. And so on.

Days 1-6 hint at day 7. This is what I really enjoy...day 7 explains that what God wants for Christmas is us!

We are enjoying this nativity set, and I highly recommend it to young families. My boys seem to be grasping a little something with each day. Our goal is for our boys to understand that Christmas is about Jesus' birth.

And on that note, I'm closing up shop until sometime after Christmas. I want to be sure to enjoy these next few days to their fullest.

I wish you and yours a merry Christmas! I pray that you understand that what God wants for Christmas is you!

1 comment:

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Merry Christmas from ours to yours!

I hope the season brings you lots of joy, laughter and love.