To Carry the Camera or Not to Carry the Camera

In case you've been wondering where the heck I've been, here's a run-down of the last four days:

On Friday, Rick surprised me by taking the day off. I was able to buy groceries with only one child, which seemed so incredibly easy that perhaps I should look into hiring a sitter every grocery day. You're probably thinking, "Why don't you just buy groceries in the evenings when Rick is home?" I live in a state where my perishables might perish in the parking lot during the time it takes me to load all bought groceries into the car; thus, I buy groceries in the mornings. "Why don't you buy groceries after maybe 9 pm?" Because I'm not a very pleasant person after 8 pm. Ahem.

After putting away the groceries, my spontaneous husband decided that we needed to hit the road for Aggieland. The Ags are playing in the NCAA championship, and we just can't have them playing post-season baseball without us. We were able to get down there in time for Friday evening's 7 pm game. We had the best time! Aggie fans taunt the opposing team like no other fans I've ever seen. As an example, LeMoyne's pitcher was taking a bit too long to wind up, so we patient fans teased him with, "Bobby's stalling. Bobby's stalling." I love sarcasm! Even Garrett chimed in.

I'd love to show you a photo of Jack and Garrett enjoying their first-ever, real-live Aggie game, but we left the camera in the car. Brilliant, aren't we? And the trek to the car in the 90-degree temp to get the camera just wasn't calling my name.

But just imagine two 2 year-olds standing on bleachers between their parents, looking down on a massive crowd of fans screaming at baseball players down below. They ate it up! (By the way, Liam was not with us. He was lucky enough to enjoy a full weekend of camping with his grandparents.)

After winning the game 7-2, we spent the night in College Station. We took the boys back to the campus Saturday morning with the camera in hand and took some pictures for scrapbooking purposes. Although it's not nearly as exciting as seeing the boys experience their first Aggie game, here's a shot of them in front of Olsen Field that proves this entire trip actually did happen.

We drove home in time to enjoy naps in our own house. In case you haven't figured it out, nap time is my absolute favorite time of the day!

We enjoyed dinner with friends Saturday evening. Did we think to take the camera? Why would we do a silly thing like that?

When we got up Sunday morning, there was yet another thunderstorm brewing. I haven't written about the weather lately, because I know it can be boring to hear about someone else's weather, but let me just sum it up by saying that it has rained nearly every day in May. Seriously. Officially, it rained 20 of the 30 days in May. And yesterday was not May, so stop it already! Ahem.

We went to the Fort Worth zoo with our friends today. Nothing wears me out like chasing five boys, all aged 4 and 2, around the zoo! One second we have all 5 heads accounted for. The next second, "Where is Jackson? Jack! Jack, stay with us!" I said that five hundred times, I assure you.

I did remember my camera today. Yea! Here's a photo that I took at the beginning of the day, in the event that we needed a current photo of any lost children.

Yep, that's the best shot I got. It's nothing less than challenging to get everyone to look at the camera at the same time with their hands down at their sides.

So that catches you up on my whereabouts. Where have you been lately?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! And yes, you should always take the camera . . . I always take it because you never know when the goofy mascot at the Sky Sox game might come to our seat or if the Chick Fil A cow will be outside the restaurant ;-) Love seeing the photos - keep posting! My weekend kept me close to home. It was busy, but fun busy - and did not involve as much driving as yours did. You are a trooper!

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for your dh. What a great surprise. I love the tip of taking a photo of your child before you go into the park or zoo. So smart. BTW, naptime is my favorite time of the day because I still alert enough to enjoy the time.

Amberly said...

I'm envious of all of your rain! Here in Alabama, we've had NONE in the last month! Send some our way!! Sounds like y'all had a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm tired just reading your post!

Last week I went to a children's museum that had a sesame street exhibit! I went with 6 moms & babies! WOW! And I'm off to MO tomorrow!

Love hearing about your fun!