Cooking Confessions

I hate cooking! I also hate planning every week's menu. But I do it every week...plan, that is. Thankfully, Rick helps me cook some meals.

As I was trying to come up with some meals last week, I ran into this recipe site called Taste of Home Recipe Finder. This site is my new best friend. Well, I do have real friends, but I really like this new one.

I took three recipes from it and have cooked two thus far. Both have gone well for me in the cooking department. (Err, actually, Rick cooked last night's meal, but I had every intention of doing it myself. Really, I did. I just got a little distracted by this thing called the Internet.)

I didn't tell you that this post was about confessions. Sorry. I confess that I let this computer get in the way of feeding my family in a timely manner last night. There. I said it. Moving on.

At any rate, the first two meals we've tried (Ravioli Chicken Casserole and Asian Beef Noodles) have tasted great. You should go browse their recipes to see what you think. I personally really like the feature they call My Recipe Box, where you can save any recipes you want to try. From there, you can also print the recipes, if you like.

Me personally, I like to have the computer on the kitchen counter while I read the recipe instead of printing it off and wasting trees. It also allows me to, you know, check my blog and emails.

Yes, I confess to that, too. I pause cooking my family's meal to check my blog. It's an addiction.

Go look for a new recipe and leave me a comment for which meal you want to try first! We're having Cheesy Turkey Burgers tonight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, did I tell you that I'm going out with the guys for dinner tonight? ;)

Anonymous said...

Oooooh I love this!!! I, too, hate cooking. I cook when Dan is gone only because the kids like to eat every now and then. We all like it better when Dan's home :-)

It's All American Turkey Pot Pie for my first one! Even with me cooking, it's got to be better than the frozen ones I remember as a child :-)

Anonymous said...

Those frozen turkey pot pies from the 70s and 80s were either still frozen in the middle or an English pea had gotten so hot, it melted your gums together.

How Swanson continues to peddle those things is beyond my comprehension.

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

You should also check out the one on Kraft's website. Also, very good.

Jill said...

Blogging before cooking? I've NEVER done that! ;o)