Christmas 2010

Suddenly, it's the last day of 2010. How did THAT happen?!?! I have no idea, but I better blog about Christmas before the new year rolls in.

On Christmas morning, I stumbled out of my bedroom to face this:
My furry boy wants to play 24/7, and 7a.m. on December 25 is no exception. And he only wants to play with me.

Meanwhile, my two-legged boys were running around with great anticipation of the unwrapping.
Do you see me in the background? I'm staring bleary-eyed at my dog, whose dropped his toy at my feet for the tenth time at 7:02, and my hand is on my Diet Coke. Because I knew I couldn't face the day without a healthy dose of caffeine.

My little men couldn't wait for me to feel the caffeine.
Rick was on his second cup of coffee, so he was the official photographer for the early morning. We unwrapped our own gifts at home before going to my parents' house for THE MEAL.

While at my parents', Rick and I shared the camera, as a happily, married couple should.
I love that guy for many reasons, but one of them is because he's been home since the 23rd and isn't going back to work until the 4th. AND he's cooking nearly every night while he's off. GLORY BE! If that ain't a Christmas present, then I don't know what is.

He loves me.
Anyway, enough of that mushy stuff. I'd like to wrap up this post with mug shots.

My eldest, Liam. He's the easiest person to photograph. Hands down.
For some reason, most of Jackson's pictures from Christmas day turned out too dark, so here's a shot of the Toothless Wonder eating Jesus' birthday cake. Santa did not bring him his two front teeth, but Cupid might.
Our baby Garrett and his 'fro. He asked me the other day when his curls are going to turn straight. That would be never, so let's be thankful for beautiful hair. (For the record, it's his idea to grow his hair out.)
My dad, Big Daddy. He decided to gift himself with a violin and lessons this Christmas. Perhaps one can teach an old dog new tricks after all.
My mom, Didi. Something strange overcame her, and she decided to pick up the violin, too. I'm waiting for a recital.
My brother, Ben, came to visit from Colorado. I can't tell you how many photos I've seen of him over the years with that same smirk. But I love him anyway.
His wife, Jessica. She brings a lot of energy to the party. And she cooks a mean dish of green bean casserole.
The most important person of the day:
EDIE...with a cake face. She's coming up on her second birthday, and we can't get enough of her. She's just so full of fun.

And speaking of Edie, I have to go. We're ringing in the new year with her. Well, we'll ring in the new year a few hours early, since she needs her beauty rest.

Happy new year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea for your parents! Keep the brain young.