Curbs = Contemplation

Garrett and I were out perfecting his bike riding tonight. He's doing every bit of it on his own now, so I guess I should say, 'Garrett was perfecting his bike riding tonight, while I cheered him on.'

As with all boys, he wanted to make skid marks in the street, so he was slamming on his brakes, when he almost hit a curb head on. I said, "You don't want to hit that curb. You'll crash and hurt all kinds of body parts."

To which he replied, "I don't want to do that, because I don't want to die tonight. [pause for contemplation] Yea, Daddy would be sad."

Yes, Daddy would be sad, but I couldn't keep a straight face in response. I laughed and said, "Get back on that bike and go get 'em."

2 comments:

Bee Jay said...

What fun you're having with your boys. Wonderful memories!
Blessings!

Didi said...

Always the "thinker"...that GB!