The Eleventh Commandment

I have a rule in my life that really should be made the eleventh commandment: Thou Shalt Not Remain Home on a Three-day Weekend. Absolutely not. No way. Don't even think about how much you could accomplish around here in three days. Just pack your bags and hit the road.

So we're going to try some camping again. When I report back to you about this weekend's camping expedition, I hope to not include any details such as train derailments, gate closures, rain or vomiting, but I make no promises. Whenever we pull out the camper, it rains and something goes wrong. But we're excited nonetheless.

Besides, this trip is planned around Aggie football! We're camping at Lake Somerville, which is not too far from Aggieland (a.k.a. God's Country). This will allow us to take my dad to his first Texas A&M football game, which is an experience everyone should enjoy at least once in life. (Truly! It's not just a game. It's a fun-filled event of traditions!) My mom will keep the boys at the camper. What a great mom!

And because this house is in shambles, I will be taking a break from blogging next week. I feel pretty certain that not one of you would like to volunteer to come clean my windows, blinds, baseboards, ceiling fans, or toilets, so I'll be busy with that next week. I'm hoping that telling you this now will help hold me accountable. If I post anything next week, you have my permission to slap me silly.

But I will be back on Monday, September 10 to fill you in on all the exciting details of camping and cleaning. Y'all be good while I'm gone.

Gig 'em, Aggies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are enjoying your trip. Good for you for embracing life and not staying at home. My dh thought it would be a great day to go into the office and play catch-up. Not surprisingly, there were a half a dozen others doing the same thing. So I am doing what I do every Monday; living, loving the little ones, cleaning, and homeschooling. Both kids are napping at the same time in the afternoon so I am speeding through my blog list saying a quick hello.

Enjoy your blogging break. I'm going to do the same thing not this week but maybe next.