End of the Year Meme

This is my first attempt at a Meme. What better occasion than to review 2006? Here goes....
1. What did you do in 2006 that you had never done before? I began my very own blog!
2.Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't make any resolutions last year, so yes, I kept them all! I better keep my successes going and not make any resolutions for 2007!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thankfully.
5. What countries did you visit? None this year. We hope to go back to Europe someday. (Yes, I know that's a continent and not a country.)
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? More peace in my heart and mind to know that God is in control.
7. What dates will remain etched in your memory and why? "Etched" in my memory...well, dates are not what stick in my brain anymore. Give me a phone number, however, and I'll remember it for years.
8. What's your biggest achievement of the year? I finished all Christmas shopping before December!!!
9. What was your biggest failure? Every time I yelled at my kids.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing more than the usual cold/allergies, thankfully.
11.What was the best thing you bought? My husband's guitar. He has spent countless hours playing it.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? When all three boys learned to climb into their car seats on their own. No more lifting for me!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted? My own...every time I lose my patience with my boys.
14. Where did most of your money go? Sadly, groceries.
15. What did you get really really excited about? Receiving the "Willow Tree" nativity scene from my mom. I've wanted it for years!
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? "Eight Days a Week" by The Beatles
17. Compared to this time last year are you? a)happier or sadder? Happier. b)fatter or thinner? Same. c) richer or poorer? Richer, in more ways than one.
18. What do you wish you had done more of? Relished every happy moment with my little boys. 19. What do you wish you had done less of? Lost my patience with my little boys.
20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve? We will probably eat a lot of junk food before healthy eating begins January 1. And then we'll fall asleep by 10 pm. I know it's not exciting! Would you rather I say that we're going to party all night, only to awaken in the new year with zero memory of our New Year's Eve?
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? Why, sure! I love 5 men more every day...my hubby, my 3 boys, and my dog.
22. What was your favorite TV program? LOST
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Gulp.
24. What was the best book you read? Oh boy, this is hard. I love to read fiction, but I don't keep a running list of what I've read. So, I can only remember authors that I enjoy. I've enjoyed Jodi Picoult and T. Davis Bunn this year.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I don't think I made any new discoveries in the music department this year.
26. What did you want and get? A CD player/radio to hang under my kitchen cabinets. I got it for Christmas from my mother-in-law.
27. What did you not want and not get? A toaster oven.
28. What was your favorite film this year? We don't see movies very often. You know, we have young kids. But we just saw Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith this week, and it was very good.
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? 31. Rick took me to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner!
30. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying? Although I really have nothing to complain about in my life, I can think of a few things that could have made 2006 more satisfying...a swimming pool in my back yard, one more vacation, less family strife.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion in 2006? Long-sleeved T and jeans in the winter, tank top and shorts in the summer, capri pants and 3/4-length shirts in the in-between seasons.
32. What kept you sane? Email and blogs!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I really don't waste my time on them.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Saddam Hussein's trial and death. He was a very sick and evil man. I'm glad that he can't hurt anyone else; however, I do grieve for his lost soul.
35. Who did you miss? My Colorado friends, the Bergerons and the Hopkins.
36. Who was the best new person you met? The Martin family.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. When life seems bleak, don't doubt that God can come through with miracles. During the summer, we were struggling so much financially that our groceries were going on the credit card. I became vey skeptical and depressed, but God opened a new opportunity for Rick's career. He loves his new job, and we are able to pay for groceries!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Don't worry. Be happy."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ami! So happy to see your comment on my post! yes, karli is Mom on a Wire. If you go to her blog, you can comment there and tell her you're interested in her designs!

Your boys are so beautiful. Your Cup truely runneth over!!