Lil Ron Plays Ball

It is two days after our personal adventure in the World Series, and I am home catching up on life. This introverted mom is more than happy to be home in her yoga pants, washing laundry, thawing chicken, and blogging.

(Speaking of laundry, I just opened the washer to move the wet clothes to the dryer. Guess what I found? Not one, not two, but THREE Lil Ron mustaches. I guess Rick kept the discarded facial hair in his jeans pocket on Sunday. And no, I don't check pockets before washing pants, although I know I should.)

My husband is at work, my boys are at school, and I'm on the couch. It's where we all belong at this time.

Well, I probably belong in the gym, given what I have been eating during this media frenzy, but you would have to hold a gun to my head to get me to leave this house for any reason other than to pick up my boys at 3:00 this afternoon.

I will most definitely blog about our wonderful day at the World Series, but I need to get one more photo before I can post about our once-in-a-lifetime experience. Instead, let me back up to Saturday.

We decided to keep this past Saturday as normal as possible, in spite of the interview requests. Well, that's not completely true. We did allow The Dallas Morning News to send out a photographer to follow Liam at his own baseball game.

But since our main goal was to let Liam play with the Dirtbags, we managed to stick with our Saturday convictions. The Dirtbags won, and Liam hit a homerun.


Richard Pruitt was our photographer/videographer, and he was great at capturing Liam's personality on the field and at home.
After the game, he followed us home to tape a "press conference".
Richard took the best picture of my boy, but I don't think I can put it here without his permission. So here's one that I took with my camera.
Here is the video The Dallas Morning News posted on their website over the weekend. Thank you, TDMN and Richard Pruitt!

2 comments:

Carly A. K. said...

Mom and I saw that interview and thought it was hilarious! Liam's personality really shown through in that one! Has he come back down to earth yet?

Katy {and Kahler} said...

What a fun story! Thanks for following our adventures here in Zambia. I LOVE your multi-colored family and have spent almost an hour now reading your stories. I'm also going to add a link to your blog on my adoption post, if that's ok with you!

And you didn't mention you're from TX AND are Aggies, too!! Insta-friends? I think so. :)