Friday Funny

We had the threat of a tornado the other night, so the boys, Winston, and I headed to my closet for safety. My husband, the hero, decided to stay in front of the tv to watch the weather reports.

What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man! (Name that song and win brownie points.)

I have a few children's books in my closet for such stormy occasions. Books help to take their minds of the impending storm.

The first one I read to them had them laughing so hard they had side aches.

Have you read Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems to your children? If you haven't, they are seriously deprived children.

(I hate book reviews, so I'm not going to make you read mine. In college, I had to write fifty reviews one semeseter, and I will forever hate them. If you want to know what Knuffle Bunny is all about, click here.)

And when I say that your kids are deprived without Knuffle Bunny, I might be exaggerating. I don't want all two of you to rush out to the bookstore to purchase this light-hearted book and then be disappointed.

But if you want a good laugh, then let me tell you about this page in particular:
When I turned to that page, Jack said, "Look, Trixie has goggles in her hand."

I laughed so hard my sides ached.

And I didn't correct my innocent child.

1 comment:

Emy said...

ha ha ha... LOVE this book, and the goggles!!!