Liam's Shopping Spree

At Awanas last night, the Christmas "store" was open for the kids to spend their "shares", which is money they earn each week for accomplishing various tasks. Before dropping Liam off, I asked if he would be spending any of his money on his brothers. "No, I want to spend it all on me."

Mkay, apparently we have not made any progress in the sharing department.

When I went to pick him up, he was so proud to show me what he spent his money on. And he was so excited that his purchase was the first thing he asked for this morning.

Because this purchase is of such importance to him, I thought I should take a picture of this momentous shopping spree.
In case you can't figure it out, he bought Louisiana hot sauce in jalapeno flavor and a bag of 50 marbles.
Because nothing says "Merry Christmas" like jalapeno sauce and marbles.

Or something like that.

As I took those photos, I asked him, "Who helped you read the label to know that was jalapeno sauce?"

He said, "Some old lady. I asked her what it was 'cuz I didn't want to buy green soup. I don't like green soup, but I like jalapeno sauce."

Green soup definitely doesn't say "Merry Christmas".

He also informed me this morning that he won't be sleeping anymore before Christmas.

The excitement is clearly building around here.

No comments: