Takin' Care of Business

Today is one of those days in which I wonder what possessed me to break my Diet Coke habit two months ago. In fact, forget Diet Coke. I need me a Dr Pepper! And not the diet version.

I decided last night that Garrett's temper tantrums have got to stop. His fits have never gone acceptable to us, but we have not been as consistent as we need to be. As I went to bed last night, I decided today was the day to catch every. single. fit.

By 11:30 this morning, he and I were both worn out with the process. He asked to go to bed at that point. I fed him lunch and put him to bed.

I'm not sure if it's making an impact on him yet. But I sure hope so.

As for me, nothing would soothe me more right now than to hear the pop and fizz associated with a newly opened can of Dr Pepper. That's not true. Nothing would soothe me more than to hear the pop and fizz, only to be followed by the ice cold deliciousness flowing down my throat.

But there aren't any yummy beverages in the house. Whose idea was it to stop buying that stuff?

In other news, my brother has designed a new header for my blog. Yippee! I'm ready to have a little somethin' up there. As we put the new header in place and mess with some details, my blog may be a little goofy. Please pardon the mess.

In some other news, could I also ask you to say a prayer for Jack (3)? He is having surgery tomorrow morning to remove his tonsils and adenoids and to receive new ear tubes. Poor little guy.

Please excuse me while I take care of a fit-throwing three year old, a sickly three year-old, an active 4 1/2 year old, and a boring blog. And I might be sipping a DP if it gets much worse.

1 comment:

Christie@tisbutaseason said...

we've been out of town for our 10th anniversary so I'm just now catching up...I hope the surgery went well. I'm sure he's had his fill of ice cream and slurpees!

Go ahead and get your DP. Sometimes we all need a little 'pick me up'! :) LOL