Rainy Days

If you've paid any attention to the nation's weather over the past few days, you've probably heard of the heavy rainfall that has fallen over most of Texas. From Friday through Monday, we received about 6.5 inches of rain in our area.

Apparently that rain has hampered Garrett's outdoor play time, because he built his very own playground yesterday.
That's a slide coming down the front and monkey bars on top. I honestly couldn't explain the rest of it.

He spent a good 30 minutes and a roll of tape on that masterpiece, and he is quite proud of it.

When it rains, I'm reminded that my mom often fixed breakfast for dinner when I was growing up. Rick doesn't usually care to play along with that nostalgia, but when the cat's away, the mice will play.

Because I was a single parent last night, the boys and I had breakfast for dinner! They weren't too thrilled about the idea, until I added hot chocolate to the menu. Why not? The temperature finally dipped below 102.
Jack doesn't really like eggs. Can you tell?
Liam loved his biscuit with apple butter.
And Garrett loved his hot chocolate. Who wouldn't?

(Yes, my baby requested his curls be cut off over the weekend. I'm trying to look at the bright side, which is the time we save every morning in not having to detangle his hair, but I still miss his curls.)

We are so glad for the rain and for what seems like the end of the horrible heat.

No comments: