(You can find Part I and Part II here.)
When I tell people that my boys are not triplets, the next question is...
"Well, are they twins," pointing to Jack and Garrett. I explain that Jack is 26 days older. I have also been asked, "How did that happen?!" I had to bite my tongue before answering without too much sarcasm.
Some other commonly asked questions are:
- Are they yours? (Um, no, I picked them up off the street corner this morning, yet they call me Mommy.)
- Where are they from? (As if they must come from Africa, since they are black.)
- Are they brothers? (If I am the mommy to all three, then that makes them brothers.)
- whispering Are they adopted? (YES! And there's no need to whisper!)
- Do you want any more children? (I may be crazy, but I think I do.)